The ES in Lochristi was until October 2014 operated within the POPFULL project (ERC grant agreement). The main objective of POPFULL is to make a full system analysis of a bio-energy plantation of poplar and willow trees (full greenhouse gas balance, energy and economic accounting, full life cycle analysis). The measurements are taken from a telescopic mast that grows with the canopy height.
- Class 1
- Poplar plantation for bio-energy, planted in 2010
- Short-rotation coppice: harvested every 2 years
- Flux and meteorological data since 2010
- 3-15 m telescopic mast, changes with canopy height
- Former ERC project "POPFULL"
- Coordinates: 51°06'43.9"N 3°51'01.6"E
Tim De Meulder (Tim.Demeulder@uantwerpen.be
More info and data on the Carbon Portal